The Specialised Prosecutor's Office on August 1 circulated to the media some of the evidence gathered in the course of the investigation against the owner and employees from the cyber security ...
The Specialised Prosecutor's Office on August 1 circulated to the media some of the evidence gathered in the course of the investigation against the owner and employees from the cyber security company TAD Group, who were accused of the July 15 hacking attack against the tax agency’s database which leaked personal data of more than 5 million Bulgarian taxpayers.
Evidence shows that just four hours after the leak of the personal data of millions of people in the media, Kristian Boykov, (charged for the involvement in the cyber-attack spoke with TAD Group's sales director Georgi Yankov and told him that he had also sent the data to the BBC and Reuters. A little later, Yankov spoke on the phone with an unknown man, explaining to him that only part of the data had been released, and that it had been made available on the Bivol website two weeks ago, and had a direct conversation with editor-in-chief Atanas Chobanov. Security camera footage seized from the TAD Group's office reveals that the next day Kristian Boykov sends an email to the media stating that he is an anonymous Russian hacker.
The specialised prosecutor’s office also said that there are unsuccessful attempts for unauthorized access to a total of 49 companies.
The investigation also uncovered a collection of leaked personal data of a number of magistrates. mainly prosecutors and investigators, and the file was titled "Ne se chistiiiii" ("Do Not Deleteee").
The Prosecutor’s office also published part of the testimony that will be presented in its entirety to the Specialised Criminal Court.